Tuesday, September 19, 2017
From Judge Learned Hand's "Spirit of Liberty" speech
"I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws, and upon courts. These are false hopes; believe me, these are false hopes. Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it. While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sequim
I have a soft spot for the Olympic Peninsula, a truly beautiful corner of Pacific Northwest. Years ago, a recruiter contacted me about the ...
-
The primary professional association for city and county managers is ICMA, the International City/County Managers' Association. ICMA o...
-
The International City/County Manager's Association (ICMA) facilitates a scholarship (or two) every year for the Harvard Kennedy School...
-
I have a soft spot for the Olympic Peninsula, a truly beautiful corner of Pacific Northwest. Years ago, a recruiter contacted me about the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment